2010 East Coast Ocean Policy Expedition
Duke University’s Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions
A rough version of the itinerary followed during the 2010 East Coast Ocean Policy Expedition:
1) Departing Beaufort 7/12 first stop Belhaven, ~ approx 60 miles.
2) Beaufort to Elizabeth City via Alligator River and Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge approx 80 miles.
3) Dock at Elizabeth City docks, dinner with Penny Leary-Smth, Elizabeth City.
4) Elizabeth City to the Dismal Swamp Canal ( Locks at 8:30 and 11:00 am) and Great Dismal National Wildlife Refuge.
4a) The Dismal Swamp Visitor Center approx 25 miles meet Penny Leary Smith for an overview of the Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge.
5) Dismal Swamp to Yorktown,Va. Yorktown tie-up/York River Yacht Haven, approx 55 miles.
6) Yorktown to Urbanna approx 38 mi. by July 23rd, Urbanna Town Marina.
7) Policy Lab, Washington DC, July 29-30, 2010.
Return) Urbanna, VA back home to Beaufort, NC.